Here's NPR on What To Expect At The Democratic Convention .
[by Daniel Kurtzleben, July 15, 2016]
Tuesday will feature the roll call vote and how Hillary Clinton has spent her entire career working to make a difference for children, families and our country. The Mothers of the Movement participating include Gwen Carr, mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, mother of Sandra Bland.
The "Mothers of the Movement" hadn't really registered with me, but I know all
- Gwen Carr, mother of Eric Garner—who was a massively overweight thug who died of exertion while trying to fight half a dozen police trying to wrestle him into handcuffs for selling illegal cigarettes to teenagers.
- Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin— who was a teenage thug (suspended from school for possession of stolen property) who died during his assault on neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. His next-to-last words, as he tried to grab Zimmerman’s gun were “You’re gonna die tonight, mother—er.”(His last words were “You got me.”)
- Maria Hamilton, mother of Dontré Hamilton— who was a maniac (literally: paranoid schizophrenic) who grabbed an officer’s baton and tried to beat him to death with it.
- Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis—who was a teenager, who cursed and uttered racist insults at a white man (civilian Michael Dunn) when Dunn asked him not to blast rap music from his car. Dunn shot Davis, claiming self-defense, on the grounds that he’d seen Davis point a shotgun at him. However, since police failed to find a shotgun, and Davis’s companions swore there wasn’t one, Dunn was sentenced to life without parole.
- Lezley McSpadden, mother of Michael Brown— who was the Ferguson thug who assaulted and robbed a storekeeper, and when stopped by police officer Darren Wilson smashed Wilson in the face and tried to take his gun.
- Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, mother of Hadiya Pendleton— who was a teenage girl in Chicago. An outlier on this list, 15-year old Hadiya was innocent of anything but standing around in a Chicago park when she was shot for no particular reason by (allegedly) these two guys.
The Narrative on the Hadiya Pendleton shooting is that it was “gun violence.”
- Geneva Reed-Veal, mother of Sandra Bland—another outlier, since Bland wasn’t killed by anyone at all, but hanged herself in her cell when none of her relatives (including her mother) would bail her out. She’d been arrested for kicking a police officer who stopped her car—an act apparently motivated by the racial resentment all blacks seem to feel when pulled over by the police, no matter how bad their driving is.
With the exception of Hadiya—whose mother, if she wants justice, should be looking to Trump and the Republicans—these are people that only
a mother could love.
How hard does Hillary think she can push this BLM stuff without alienating all the remaining white Democrats?