This story from Scotland suggests why there are few or no moderate Muslims heard from—the immoderate ones kill them.
Murder of a man of peace: Muslim shopkeeper who wished his 'beloved Christian nation' a Happy Easter is stabbed 30 times by a FELLOW MUSLIM who sat laughing on his dying victim's chestEmphasis added—and once again, well done Daily Mail!
By Sara Smyth for the Daily Mail
- A 32-year-old man has been arrested after murder of Asad Shah last night
- The 'peace-loving' victim was popular in his neighbourhood of Glasgow
- Hours before his death, he posted message advertising inter-faith meeting
- Police confirmed all those currently involved in investigation were Muslim
- Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon joins 400 others on late night vigil
Published: 13:02 GMT, 25 March 2016 | Updated: 10:56 GMT, 26 March 2016
A newsagent was murdered by a fellow Muslim after he wished his Christian friends a peaceful Easter.
Asad Shah, who was stabbed up to 30 times at his shop, had praised both the life of Jesus and ‘his beloved Christian nation’. Left lying in a pool of blood, the 40-year-old died in hospital.
Police, who were questioning a 32-year-old suspect last night, said the killing was religiously motivated.
Mohammad Faisal, a family friend, said a bearded Muslim wearing a long religious robe entered Mr Shah’s shop and spoke to him in his native language before stabbing him in the head with a kitchen knife. [More]
Another British newspaper is not so forthcoming:
This report on a "religiously motivated murder" of a Muslim shopkeeper omits the religion of the suspect. https://t.co/jkB2K86Kd3— James Taranto (@jamestaranto) March 26, 2016