Here's a story of a real, rather than metaphorical, War on Easter—although it's a Muslim on Muslim killing, it's based on hatred of Christianity.
This story from Scotland suggests why there are few or no moderate Muslims heard from—the immoderate ones kill them.
Murder of a man of peace: Muslim shopkeeper who wished his 'beloved Christian nation' a Happy Easter is stabbed 30 times by a FELLOW MUSLIM who sat laughing on his dying victim's chest
By Sara Smyth for the Daily Mail
- A 32-year-old man has been arrested after murder of Asad Shah last night
- The 'peace-loving' victim was popular in his neighbourhood of Glasgow
- Hours before his death, he posted message advertising inter-faith meeting
- Police confirmed all those currently involved in investigation were Muslim
- Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon joins 400 others on late night vigil
Published: 13:02 GMT, 25 March 2016 | Updated: 10:56 GMT, 26 March 2016
A newsagent was murdered by a fellow Muslim after he wished his Christian friends a peaceful Easter.
Asad Shah, who was stabbed up to 30 times at his shop, had praised both the life of Jesus and ‘his beloved Christian nation’. Left lying in a pool of blood, the 40-year-old died in hospital.
Police, who were questioning a 32-year-old suspect last night, said the killing was religiously motivated.
Mohammad Faisal, a family friend, said a bearded Muslim wearing a long religious robe entered Mr Shah’s shop and spoke to him in his native language before stabbing him in the head with a kitchen knife. [More]
Emphasis added—and once again, well done Daily Mail!
Another British newspaper is not so forthcoming:
This report on a "religiously motivated murder" of a Muslim shopkeeper omits the religion of the suspect. https://t.co/jkB2K86Kd3— James Taranto (@jamestaranto) March 26, 2016