In Mexico City, during a US- Mexico Soccer game, Mexican fans booed the U.S. national anthem, chanted "Osama, Osama", and
a group of them who couldn`t manage to set a US Flag on fire,
had to settle for trampling on it.(I think the manufacturers of American flags are quietly fireproofing them.) [ U.S. still can`t solve Azteca in qualifying loss
, by Will Weissert, Associated Press]
A few points:
- The Associated Press described the Mexican fans as "rabidly nationalistic." How come it takes a sports guy to use that kind of language about Mexican nationalism? Why can`t the rest of the press figure that out?
- The Mexicans aren`t chanting "Osama, Osama", because they support radical Islam. They don`t. It`s just their way of saying "Death to America." See "rabidly nationalistic, "above.
- The US team never beats the Mexicans at soccer. That`s because America`s great athletes are playing real sports.
- Do you think those "rabidly nationalistic" guys when they emigrate, (illegally) will become patriots like the late Balint Vazsonyi, or Humberto Fontova? I doubt it. I think you`d be lucky if you got someone as patriotic as Norman Mineta.
- Speaking of which, what do you think the chances are of those flag-tramplers heading north and taking the Oath of Allegiance someday? Pretty good, I`d` say. How about them keeping the Oath of Allegiance? Not so good..