Reporting Illegal Aliens: 2005 Update
Print Friendly and PDF

As illegal immigration continues unchecked in occupied America, the desperation level grows . . . especially among VDARE.COM readers.  The number of emails we get from people trying to report illegal aliens is rising sharply once again. 

Alas, VDARE.COM has no power to deport aliens (yet). But here's our latest update on how to report them:

There is still no government web site for reporting illegal aliens to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) division. 

But a concerned citizen can make a report via telephone or in person based on the suggestions I've compiled here: FAQ – Report Illegal Aliens.

There is, of course, still no guarantee that the government will actually do anything with the information. But remember, every report generates some sort of record. And paper trails bother bureaucrats.

A private web site,, now has now appeared charging would-be tipsters for what they could do for free on their own—picking up a telephone and calling (866) DHS-2ICE to "report suspicious activity"—(866) 347-2423.

Opinion is divided about this. It seems to me that complaints filed by a private "reporting service center" will have much less credibility if they are all from the same place, rather than from the actual complaining individual.  The new "reporting service center" may be another novel way of separating people from $10 on the internet. Peter Brimelow is more tolerant and says it could serve a need—after all, who knew we needed $5 cappuccino from Starbucks?

Herewith we again publish our (free!) suggestions for reporting illegal aliens—updated with the most up-to-date information available:

First, read this article [The Struggle To Report Illegal Aliens: A Status Report] for background information.

If there is no U.S. Border Patrol station nearby, your best bet will be contact the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security by calling (866) DHS-2ICE to "report suspicious activity"—(866) 347-2423. Either make a report there or ask for the number of the nearest ICE field office with an investigations division "duty agent."

A list of phone numbers for former INS district offices that now have ICE investigations divisions has been complied by American Patrol in its report illegals section.

Please do not send illegal alien reports to or its writers, as we can only refer you back to this same information anyhow.

Juan Mann [send him email] is a lawyer and the proprietor of

Print Friendly and PDF