Fort Dix Six Had Big Islamic Plans
September 21, 2008, 12:32 AM
A+
|
a-
Print Friendly and PDF
Remember the Fort Dix Six? The group was a terrorist cell of Muslims who plotted to kill as many soldiers as possible on a New Jersey army base in 2007. The scheme was foiled when a video store employee became suspicious when he processed film clips of the men doing assault weapons training.

There has been little interest from the MSM about immigrant terrorists and consequently little reporting on national news, so it's easy for Americans to forget that entering the country illegally remains easy and open borders welcome killer Islamists as well as tomato pickers.

Today's news is that the Muslim immigrants had bigger plans than merely murdering a few hundred American troops [Feds say Fort Dix suspects sought other targets, Google AP, September 20, 2008]:

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — One of the five men awaiting trial on charges alleging they plotted an armed attack on soldiers training at Fort Dix discussed other targets including the White House and Capitol, prosecutors claim in court filings.

The allegations, contained in a motion filed Friday in U.S. District Court, stem from wiretapped conversations between defendant Mohamad Shnewer and Mahmoud Omar, an FBI informant.

According to prosecutors, Shnewer spoke on Aug. 11, 2006, of targeting FBI and CIA headquarters as well as the Army training base. They also said another defendant attempted to buy an AK-47 automatic weapon in 2005.

Incidentally, a plot against the CIA is not without precedent: the CIA was attacked in 1993 by Mir Amal Kasi, a Pakistani who shot five employees at a stoplight as they waited at the agency entrance. Two were killed. He was captured in Pakistan in 1997 and returned to the US, where he was executed in 2002.

From last year: Brothers Charged in Terror Plot Lived Illegally in U.S. for 23 Years [Fox News, May 9, 2007]:

FORT DIX, N.J. —  Three brothers charged in the alleged Fort Dix terror plot have been living illegally in the U.S. for more than 23 years and were accepted as Americans by neighbors and friends who had no idea they would scheme to attack military bases and slaughter GIs.

A federal law enforcement source confirmed to FOX News that the three — Dritan "Anthony" or "Tony" Duka, 28; Shain Duka, 26; and Eljvir "Elvis" Duka, 23 — also accumulated 19 traffic citations, but because they operated in "sanctuary cites," where law enforcement does not routinely report illegal immigrants to homeland security, none of the tickets raised red flags.

The brothers entered the United States near Brownsville, Texas, in 1984, the source said, which would put their ages at 1 to 6 when they crossed the border.

The source said there is no record of them entering by way of a regular border crossing, so they are investigating whether they were smuggled into the country.

Funny how that "sanctuary city" thing is helpful to terrorists.

Below is an interview of Rep. Tom Tancredo by Tucker Carlson after the arrest of the six Muslim plotters last year.