A Connecticut Reader Notes A Federal Government Program Which Trains H-1Bs To Displace Americans
Print Friendly and PDF

From: Joseph Morabito (e-mail him)

Here's interesting information regarding H-1B visas. As I'm interpreting it, there seems to be government grant funds available for "training" for H-1B visa workers. Check out the link and the attached PDF. Also, if you do a Bing search on "Program ID 17.268: H-1B Job Training Grants", you will find more links.

H-1B Job Training Grants

Number: 17.268
Agency: Department of Labor
Office: Employment Training Administration
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, excerpt from PDF:

Summary: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL or the Department), announces the availability of approximately $240 million in funds for an H-1B Technical Skills Training Grants program. This grant program is designed to provide education, training, and job placement assistance in the occupations and industries for which employers are using H-1B visas to hire foreign workers, and the related activities necessary to support such training. H-1B technical skills training grants are financed by a user fee paid by employers to bring foreign workers into the United States under the H-1B nonimmigrant visa program. This technical skills training program was authorized under Section 414 (c) of the American Competitiveness and Workforce Improvement Act of 1998 (ACWIA), as amended (29 USC 2916a). Grant awards will be made only to the extent that funds are available.

See previous letters from Joseph Morabito.

Print Friendly and PDF