On Saturday, Sen. Harry Reid’s lame-duck surprise failed, as the Senate voted 55-41 for cloture, five votes short of the needed 60, in the matter of the ”DREAM Act”
Back on September 21, Reconquista propagandist Patricia Nazario claimed, surreally, at 89.3 KPCC Southern California Public Radio,
If U.S. Senators pass the DREAM Act, it would offer a conditional path to citizenship through college graduation or military service for as many as 60,000 undocumented young people nationwide. Opponents say it should be part of a comprehensive immigration bill - not a provision of a defense spending proposal.
But as I wrote on Friday night, in ALIPAC: Read the Fine Print; Dream Act Amnesty Permits Obama to Amnesty All Illegals
, although the DREAM Act was unacceptable in any form, even as an amnesty of 60,000 illegal human beings, its real purpose was as a stealth amnesty for every illegal human being on American soil, which I estimated to total at least 28,000,000. The Reconquistas’ DREAM is Americans’ nightmare.
DREAM Act coverage:
- DREAMers Disappointed in Stealth Amnesty’s Failure by Brenda Walker, VDARE, December 19, 2010.
- Senate Republicans Block DREAM Act for Illegal Immigrants, by Devin Dwyer and Matthew Jaffe, ABC News, December 18, 2010.
- Immigration Vote Leaves Policy in Disarray by Julia Preston, New York Times, December 18, 2010.
- Students look to 2012 after immigration bill fails by Amy Taxin, Associated Press/Washington Post, December 19, 2010.
- Pro-immigration groups decry 'shameful' vote; enforcement groups vow new push by Bridget Johnson, The Hill, December 18, 2010.
- After the DREAM Act: Focusing on Senior Aliens Brought Here by Their Kids by Sylvia Cochran, Yahoo!, December 18, 2010.
- Plan bans illegals from public universities; Virginia could join list of states creating off-limits locations for aliens by Eugene J. Koprowski, WorldNetDaily, December 18, 2010.
A tip ”o the hat to my VDARE
colleague, Brenda Walker.