On Saturday, Sen. Harry Reidâ€™s lame-duck surprise failed, as the Senate voted 55-41 for cloture, five votes short of the needed 60, in the matter of the â€?DREAM Actâ€?
Back on September 21, Reconquista propagandist Patricia Nazario claimed, surreally, at 89.3 KPCC Southern California Public Radio,
If U.S. Senators pass the DREAM Act, it would offer a conditional path to citizenship through college graduation or military service for as many as 60,000 undocumented young people nationwide. Opponents say it should be part of a comprehensive immigration bill - not a provision of a defense spending proposal.
But as I wrote on Friday night, in ALIPAC: Read the Fine Print; Dream Act Amnesty Permits Obama to Amnesty All Illegals
, although the DREAM Act was unacceptable in any form, even as an amnesty of 60,000 illegal human beings, its real purpose was as a stealth amnesty for every illegal human being on American soil, which I estimated to total at least 28,000,000. The Reconquistasâ€™ DREAM is Americansâ€™ nightmare.
DREAM Act coverage:
- DREAMers Disappointed in Stealth Amnestyâ€™s Failure by Brenda Walker, VDARE, December 19, 2010.
- Senate Republicans Block DREAM Act for Illegal Immigrants, by Devin Dwyer and Matthew Jaffe, ABC News, December 18, 2010.
- Immigration Vote Leaves Policy in Disarray by Julia Preston, New York Times, December 18, 2010.
- Students look to 2012 after immigration bill fails by Amy Taxin, Associated Press/Washington Post, December 19, 2010.
- Pro-immigration groups decry 'shameful' vote; enforcement groups vow new push by Bridget Johnson, The Hill, December 18, 2010.
- After the DREAM Act: Focusing on Senior Aliens Brought Here by Their Kids by Sylvia Cochran, Yahoo!, December 18, 2010.
- Plan bans illegals from public universities; Virginia could join list of states creating off-limits locations for aliens by Eugene J. Koprowski, WorldNetDaily, December 18, 2010.
A tip â€?o the hat to my VDARE
colleague, Brenda Walker.