Reports are coming in that Joni Ernst has won in Iowa. [Joni Ernst Wins Election, First Woman To Represent Iowa in US Senate,
by Aaron Hepker, 13WHO,
November 4, 2014]
This means that the GOP will control the Senate, as they have picked up seats already in Arkansas, Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, and West Virginia.
- North Carolina is still too close to call.
- Mark Warner has pulled ahead in Virginia as of this writing, but the margin is small (though with votes coming in from Northern Virginia, Gillespie's bid is likely doomed.)
- Scott Brown's defeat in NH robbed the GOP of a critical flip opportunity.
- Kansas is still too close to call
- Alaska won't report until later
- Louisiana is heading to a runoff