Radio Derb is on the air. To get the podcast, follow the instructions at Taki’s Magazine
. The transcript will be archived on my own website
This week’s coverage is mostly of the terrorist attacks in Paris, and the implications for multiculturalism and immigration policy.
I pour cold water on the notion that we might proscribe Islam, as suggested by the late Larry Auster
. As Larry pointed out, it would need a Constitutional amendment to get the job done. I’d be fine with it myself, but … not gonna happen.
If you think the proscription of Islam is a thing that could conceivably happen, you don’t appreciate how deep we have sunk into the multicultural swamp.At Fort Hood in 2009 a crazy Muslim soldier murdered thirteen of his comrades. Three and a half years later he was finally brought to court martial and sentenced to death. A year and a half on from that he’s still with us, enjoying three hots and a cot at taxpayer expense, watching cable TV and exchanging love notes with the head of ISIS in Syria.General George Casey, Chief of Staff of the Army, famously responded to the Fort Hood shooting by saying, on nationwide TV, that, quote: “As horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse.” The Chief of Staff of the United States Army. Said that. And today, more than five years on, as you listen to this podcast, the murderer is taking a break from channel surfing to check his watch and see if it’s chow time.And you think we’re going to proscribe Islam, with mass deportations and a constitutional amendment? [Laughter.]Back in 2001 a bunch of crazy Muslims hijacked three planes on U.S. soil and murdered three thousand people. Three thousand. How did we react?We increased Muslim immigration! The Center for Immigration studies crunched the numbers last September. How many immigrants had we taken in from predominantly Muslim countries by the year 2000? One and a half million. How many by 2013? Two and a half million!
The full Radio Derb playbill:
- Terrorists and taboos. (Multiculturalism has its jihadis, too.)
- The price of not putting up with things. (Can be way too high.)
- Sunk deep in the multicultural swamp. (Proscribe Islam? Hoo hoo hoo!)
- The Yemeni enemy. (Muslim immigration: the push factor.)
- Fence it off! (Good minefields make good neighbors.)
- The world of null-Steyn. (The Europeans may get it right.)
- Femtoaggressed at Princeton. (Yalies are tougher.)
- Detroiters clutch at straws. (Sleight of hand reporting homicide.)
- Campus totalitarianism. (There can only be one sun in the sky.)
- Miss BumBum latest! (A constructive proposal.)
- One for Rosie. (She’s watching by the poplars.)
It’s all there at Taki’s Magazine