I hope it snows! There’s nothing quite so beautiful as a white Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. about 5 hours ago via web
That`s Phillips`s paradoxical style, but apparently he`s heard from people with no sense of humor:
I deeply apologize — with extra sorry sauce — if I offended anyone with my last tweet. 9:55 PM Jan 15th via web
(Or amused the wrong people.) 10:08 PM Jan 15th via web
Right. The wrong people would probably be me and Kathy Shaidle, who linked to my post and pointed out Phillips`s backing away.
Of course, Emo Phillips is the man who said "You know what I hate? Indian givers...no, I take that back."
To give you an example of the kind of humor Emo Phillips makes his living with, and doesn`t feel the need to apologize for, this collection includes references to sex, (or something like it) with a girl in"skimpy little Nazi costume",sex with "a girl of nine," coffee enemas, schoolyard shootings, the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, necrophilia, ("My classmates would copulate with anything that moved, but I never saw any reason to limit myself") incest ("My mother was like a sister to me, only we didn`t have sex quite so often") and finally, a joke about the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
Not that that`s not funny, just that he`s never felt the need to apologize for any of that, whereas he did feel the need to apologize for saying that it might snow on January 17th.
It`s been established that anything you say about President Obama is a gaffe, but anything you say about Dr. King is really a gaffe.
In spite of that, we`ve written a good deal on the subject. Writing myself in 2009, I provided a list of our writings on Dr. King:
If you`re one of the 29 percent of Americans who gets off work on MLK Day, enjoy it! In the words of Chris Rock, "You gotta be pretty racist to not want a day off from work."
If you are stuck at a computer, take some time to look at these.
- VDARE.com: 01/17/05 - Mexicanizing Martin Luther King, by Terry Graham
- VDARE.com: 01/16/05 - Random Reflections on Martin Luther King Day By Steve Sailer
- VDARE.com: 01/30/04 - Free At Last-To Celebrate Immigration On Martin Luther King Day
- VDARE.com: 01/18/04 - MLK Day: The Martin Luther King Cult By "Southern Sympathizer"
- VDARE.com: 01/18/04 - Martin Luther King Day: The Rise Of The New Feudalism By Paul Craig Roberts
- VDARE.com: 01/05/04 - Martin Luther King Day: A Preview in Rocky Mount N.C. By Sam Francis
- VDARE.com: 01/19/03 - Did Pre-MLK America Really Need Redemption? By Paul Gottfried
- VDARE.com: 12/07/03 - The View From MLK Street by Steve Sailer
- VDARE.com: 01/23/02 - Washington Down, King Up - GOP Out By Sam Francis
- VDARE.com: 07/26/01 - Abolishing America (cont.): Rename FBI Building After Who? By Sam Francis
- VDARE.com - 01/19/00 MLK Competition By Peter Brimelow